Crown Boiler Company - Don't ever buy a Crown Boiler/heater

I am the second owner of an oil fired boiler with which I heat my home (hot water radiators.) The boiler is made by Crown Boiler Company in Philadelphia Pennsylvania. It was installed new in 2002. During a recent annual maintenance visit by my oil company, the technician discovered leakage of water from the cast iron block inside the boiler. It appeared the joint that was leaking was not properly sealed with adhesive material when originally assembled (opinion of the boiler mechanic).

I contacted Crown directly and was told that the boiler block has a "lifetime warranty", but that it would not be honored since I was not the original owner of the boiler.

Now am I missing something or does "lifetime" not mean lifetime? I even asked if they would send a representative out to examine the boiler, and they refused saying it would serve no purpose since they would not honor the warranty for me.

So, my advice is to boycott this company and don't get lured into their promise of "lifetime" warranty which is essentially meaningless.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 6 Yes 6 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 01, 2014 #801019 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

It's a limited lifetime warranty which means the warranty has limitations. In this case it is limited to the original owner. That is common practice for an appliance manufacturer.

Dec 13, 2011 #390420

Why wouldn't I buy a Crown Boiler? If it has a lifetime warranty to the "original" owner, then if I am the one buying it, I will be covered. If I decide to sell my house, let the other person worry about it. Seems like you're upset over a VERY common practice among manufacturers all over the world.

Jan 25, 2013 #598947 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

i just got a crown tmz150 for 1600 bucks compared to 2800 else where im loving it i even went down to ther plant and picked up a bigger nozle at there plant, the tech up there enen told me what to do for the heater to be more loving it

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.