I am the second owner of an oil fired boiler with which I heat my home (hot water radiators.) The boiler is made by Crown Boiler Company in Philadelphia Pennsylvania. It was installed new in 2002. During a recent annual maintenance visit by my oil company, the technician discovered leakage of water from the cast iron block inside the boiler. It appeared the joint that was leaking was not properly sealed with adhesive material when originally assembled (opinion of the boiler mechanic).
I contacted Crown directly and was told that the boiler block has a "lifetime warranty", but that it would not be honored since I was not the original owner of the boiler.
Now am I missing something or does "lifetime" not mean lifetime? I even asked if they would send a representative out to examine the boiler, and they refused saying it would serve no purpose since they would not honor the warranty for me.
So, my advice is to boycott this company and don't get lured into their promise of "lifetime" warranty which is essentially meaningless.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Crown Tmz Boiler
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "My girlfriend moved in and was having issues with allergies. Knowing my ducts were very dirty, we called Sears to clean our ducts. They came out, I was present when..."
- "Looking for a no cog low wind startup wind turbine generator for your residential roof top install? Look at this! http://www.mwands.com/pdf_files/legal/ I saved my money, shopped eBay and bought the Thermodyne Systems Windgeneering..."
- "I have purchased a unit Missouri Wind and Solar. I put this in my system as directed by Missouri Wind and Solar. It worked for over 6 months,..."
- "After a house fire in 2003,I furnished my entire house from Mealeys and was pleased with them. In 2012 I bought leather furniture that faded very quickly. ..."
- "This is what was delivered yesterday. WTF? Do these look fresh to you? They definitely don't look like the picture when I ordered them!!!Definitely will not be using this service..."
- "I went to hair cuttery in quakertown, pa to get a hair cut and asked for brown highlights , the lady bleached my hair ( full set ), my hair..."
- "Amazon took my money and failed to delivery the items in their listing. The listing clearly showed a 10 count box,(see screen shot), and they sent 1. I contacted Amazon..."
- "delamination on left side panel of slide out and structural issues on rear left and right side screws broke off so the sliders frame is coming apart from the frame..."
- "Purchased patio door from Lowe's. Went with this product on recommendation by contractor. *** move. Issue one. Door arrived with passive latch system broken. Lowes..."